Sensepoint XCD now has remote monitoring capabilities for its toxic and Oxygen sensors. Its remote capability is designed to offer excellent flexibility of use and is an ideal solution for hard-to-reach locations or areas where the transmitter needs to be separate from the sensor. With remote toxic and Oxygen sensor mounting of up to 100 feet (30m) away from the transmitter, Sensepoint XCD provides a robust monitoring solution even in challenging environments where detection is difficult, including applications where the point of detection is in an area that is not easily accessible or where the detector would not be visible, like in high or low level concealed areas or outside a room being monitored.
Sensepoint XCD is easy to use. The sensor simply plugs into the bottom of the transmitter and the transmitter automatically configures itself accordingly. Users can modify detector operation using the LCD and magnet switches without ever needing to open the unit. This enables one-man, non-intrusive operation and reduces routine maintenance time and costs.
A tri-color backlit LCD clearly indicates the unit’s status at a glance, even from a distance. A steady green backlight indicates normal operation, flashing yellow indicates fault and flashing red indicates an alarm.
All detectors are supplied pre-configured and include two programmable alarm relays, one programmable fault relay as well as an industry standard 4-20mA output (sink or source selectable) and MODBUS communication. The scale, range, relay operation, alarm set point and electronic tag number of the detector can be adjusted using the transmitter’s LCD and non-intrusive magnetic switches. Outputs are automatically inhibited during adjustment, thereby reducing the risk of false alarm at the control panel during maintenance.
All-In-One Gas Monitoring Solution
- Flammable (catalytic or infrared), toxic and oxygen versions available
- Serves new/retrofit, indoor/outdoor applications
- Stainless steel or aluminum explosion-proof housing options
- IP66 as standard
- Compliant with UL, INMETRO, ATEX, IECEx, CSA, KTL, PA, GB and CCCF standards
Proven and Reliable Sensor Technology
- SurecellTM electrochemical sensors
- Poison immune infrared sensors
- Poison resistant catalytic bead sensors
- Long life sensors
- Plug-in display module removes to give access to terminal area
- Integral mounting bracket
- 2 x M20 or ¾” NPT cable/conduit entries
- Removable plug/socket type terminal blocks for
- Sink/source switch to suit preferred wiring topology
- Integral mounting plate attaches to surface, horizontal or vertical piping